Almond flax crusted chicken, from Dr. Mark Hyman
Wonderfully flavorful and nutty
Write a review
- 4 5 oz Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Flax
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Onion finely chopped (use green onion with the white part discarded for Low FODMAP version)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel. Take the chicken pieces and pound them evenly flat across the breast using a kitchen mallet or other heavy kitchen utensil.
- Pour almond meal and flax into a small bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- In another small bowl combine the olive oil, almond butter, lemon juice, and all spices and herbs. Mix in small food processor or by hand. Once combined add the chicken breasts to this mixture.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade bowl and place on baking tray. Sprinkle half of the almond/flax mixture evenly across one side of all 4 chicken breasts. Pat each chicken piece with hand to better adhere the “crust” to the chicken. Carefully turn over each chicken piece and repeat process using the remaining half of the almond/flax mixture on the other side of the 4 chicken breasts.
- Place tray with crusted chicken in center of the oven and bake for 20–30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reaches 168 degrees on the thickest part of the chicken.
- If you let the chicken sit in the marinade for several hours before cooking, the flavors come out much more.
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/