Basic bone broth
An incredibly healing and nourishing broth that is great for the base of soups, chowders and stews
Write a review
- 2-3 pounds of bones from organically raised animals (chicken, duck, turkey, beef, lamb, fish, etc)
- vegetables (carrots, celery, onion)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Leave out the onion and use lemon juice instead of apple cider vinegar for a Low FODMAP version
- Place bones in a large pot or crock pot, cover with water and apple cider vinegar. Allow to soak 1-2 hours
- Bring water to a boil slowly. Skim off any scum that rises to the top.
- Simmer 2-3 hours. Add in chopped veggies and herbs of your choice. Allow to simmer several more hours or overnight.
- Remove bones and enjoy as a nourishing hot drink or as a base for other soups and stews.
- Make an extra large batch and freeze broth in freezer compatible glass canning jars (pint or pint and half size is nice)
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/