Blueberry walnut pancakes
Hearty pancakes that will keep you going for hours
Write a review
- 3 large omega-3 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- coconut oil, for greasing the skillet (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and arrowroot. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, while continuously whisking. Once combined, gently fold in the walnuts.
- Grease a large skillet and place over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, use a ladle to pour 3-inch pancakes onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear, then flip. The pancake should cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat with rest of the batter. Add a tablespoon or more of coconut oil to the hot griddle, as needed.
- Make a blueberry sauce by simmering the blueberries in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes before serving. (or if you'd rather have your blueberrys IN your pancakes that's an option too!)
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/