Coconut flour blueberry muffins (adapted from Shanna Rader from Nutiva)
A protein-packed delicious treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack
Write a review
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Raw Honey (use maple syrup if following the Low FODMAP diet)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Organic Blueberries
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking soda & salt in a bowl.
- In a blender or bowl mix the milk, honey (or maple syrup), eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add the chia seeds and blend on low. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the blueberries to mixture at the very end, and gently stir together.
- Spoon the batter into greased cupcake sleeves or tins.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool on rack and serve.
- If you don't like your treats so sweet, you can try cutting back a little on the maple syrup or honey.
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/