Fresh herbed quinoa salad
A light salad great for summer time meal
Write a review
- 1 cup dry quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 large shredded carrot
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3-4 large kale leaves finely chopped
- ½ red onion finely chopped (Use the green part of green onions instead of the red onion for a Low FODMAP version)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Olive oil to taste (around ¼ cup, maybe less)
- Sea salt to taste (start with 2-3 tsp)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped seasonal herbs (parsley, basil, thyme etc)
- In a large bowl mix the cooked, cooled quinoa with the carrot, pumpkin seeds, kale and red onion.
- In a separate container mix lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and ground pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over quinoa mixture and taste.
- Feel free to add more salt, cayenne pepper or fresh herbs that are in season. Try fresh basil in the summer or parsley in the spring or fall to add a nice zest.
- Serve in a bowl over fresh greens or on its own.
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/