Lemon chicken with capers
Write a review
- 2-3 organic chicken breasts
- Sea Salt
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves of freshly minced garlic (leave out for Low FODMAP)
- Olive oil
- The day before you bake the chicken, put it in a baking dish and salt both sides. Let it rest overnight. This makes the chicken really tender.
- Add freshly ground black pepper, garlic, lemon juice and zest and a small drizzle of olive oil. Let sit in the marinade for at least an hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain most of the liquid off, taking care to keep the garlic and lemon zest in the pan.
- Bake the chicken for 40-45 minutes depending on the size of the breasts.
- Add the capers to the breasts after you’ve pulled it out of the oven. Serve and enjoy!
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/