Simple butternut squash saute
A great dish for the fall and winter months
Write a review
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1 inch squares
- 1 small white, red or yellow onion, diced
- 3 -4 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 Tbs Ghee, coconut oil or butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of fresh lemon
- Heat butter or ghee in large skillet.
- Caramelize onions over medium heat.
- Add in squash, stir in with onions, add a splash of water. Cover pan and let squash steam until it is soft (10-15 minutes).
- Remove lid, add garlic, salt, pepper and squeeze of lemon.
- Stir and let cook for about 5 more minutes until flavors blend.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or as a side dish with dinner. Also great for breakfast with eggs
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/