Vegetable chowder with bacon, Low FODMAP
Write a review
- 4 strips bacon, chopped (source local and/or organic if possible)
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, chopped (organic highly recommended!)
- 3 large carrots chopped
- ½ bunch green onions (with white parts removed), chopped
- ½ bunch kale of your choice, finely chopped
- 32 oz bone broth (see basic bone broth under "soups")
- 6 cups water
- 1.5 Tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- black pepper to taste
- cayenne to taste
- salt to taste
- In a large soup pot, cook bacon pieces on medium heat until mostly cooked.
- Drain excess oil, remove bacon and add celery, carrots, potatoes and rosemary.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you need to add more oil I recommend avocado or coconut oil to prevent sticking/burning.
- Add bone broth, water and green onions. Bring to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are soft.
- Remove 1/3 to 1/2 of the soup and put it in the blender. Blend until smooth and return blended soup to simmering soup in pot. If you would like to make soup thicker, remove more and blend until desired consistency is attained.
- Add bacon pieces and kale.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/