Whole, roasted chicken
A great way to save money by using the whole bird and then making stock with the bones
Write a review
- Whole, free-range, organic chicken
- ½ onion, copped (leave out for Low FODMAP)
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- fresh minced garlic (leave out for Low FODMAP)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove giblets from cavity of the chicken and stuff with carrots and onion.
- Rub chicken skin down with sea salt, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Bake for 60-90 minutes or until chicken comes out at 165 degrees in the deepest part of breast.
- While the chicken is roasting you can baste it with its own juices a few times to help brown the skin.
- Let the chicken rest a 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make stock with the bones in your crock pot (see bone broth recipe under "soups".
Pernell Wellness http://pernellwellness.com/